FAA Identifier: T25 (South Traffic Patterns Only!)
Runway: 3100' x 60’ Bermuda grass
Location: North 32° 04.54.3 / West 095° 27.09.01
Aero Estates CTAF: 122.9 MHz (Pilot Controlled Lighting)
TPA: Single Engine 1450 MSL (1000) AGL)
TPA: Multiengine 1650 MSL (1250 AGL)
Runway elevation: 445 feet MSL
Runway headings: 270° and 090°
- Please DO NOT make turns on thresholds!
- ALL DOWN WIND LEGS TO BE FLOWN SOUTH of Aero Estates
- Left traffic for RWY 27
- Right traffic for RWY 09
- Single Engine Traffic Pattern Altitude 1,450 MSL
- Multi Engine Traffic Pattern Altitude 1,650 MSL
- Aero Estates is a public lighted airstrip operating on Common Traffic Advisory Freq. (CTAF) 122.9 Mhz.
- Approach obstructions: Trees 500 ft East of the RWY 27 threshold & trees bordering both sides of
Runway at midpoint (70 feet between lights, 120' between trees). Deer on and in vicinity of runway.
- Visiting aircraft may park where the Heliport is located near RWY 09
- Departure procedure for 09 is no turn until 1,300 feet MSL or over Lake Palestine
- Departure procedure for 27 is no turn until 1,300 feet MSL or over City of Berryville
- Due to obstructions to RWY 9, the approach angle on the Visual Landing System (VLS) is set at 5.0* [On glide slope - steady white light, above glide slope - flashing white light, and below glide slope - flashing red light] Blurs together when in close.
IMPORTANT RADIO PROCEDURES
We request that all pilots use proper radio procedures when flying in and out of Aero Estates Airpark. Please keep all pilots aware of your position on the Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF) 122.9 and your intensions. We request that you make a call stating 10 miles out, entering the traffic pattern and your position on the ground at Aero Estates Airpark. We request that you use the radio procedures outlined in the FAR/AIM, Sec “Radio Communications Phraseology and Techniques”, Due to limited visibility from runway ends please announce intentions, in case there is another aircraft departing in opposite direction!
- Example: “Aero Estates Traffic, Cessna 123AE, taking the active back taxi to RWY 9, Aero Estates”.
- Example: “Aero Estates Traffic, Cessna 123AE, departing RWY 9, south departure, Aero Estates”.
- Example: “Aero Estates Traffic, Cessna 123AE, 10 miles west, descending out of 4,500, for downwind to runway 27,Aero Estates"
- Example: “Aero Estates Traffic, Cessna 123AE, entering left downwind for RWY 27, full stop, Aero Estates”.
*** Aero Estates FAA Identifier is T25 ***
The airpark coordinates are:
Latitude: North 32° 04.54.3
Longitude: West 095° 27.09.01
Located 2 miles north east of the City of Frankston, Texas
4.4 nm from Frankston VOR 111.4 (FZT) on the 079° Radial
Charts: Dallas-Ft Worth and Houston Sectionals
Magnetic Var 04° E
Runway headings of 270° and 090°
Runway currently is 3100' x 60’ Bermuda grass (70 feet between lights, 120' between trees)
Runway elevation is 445 feet MSL
Due to obstructions to RWY 9, the approach angle on the Visual Landing System (VLS) is set at 5.0* [On glide slope - steady white light, above glide slope - flashing white light, and below glide slope - flashing red light] In close all three are visible.
Deer on and in vicinity of runway
All downwind legs to be flown SOUTH of the Runway (See notes above)
Aero Estates CTAF 122.9 Mhz
Tyler Pounds Field ATIS 126.25 Mhz
Tyler Pounds Field ASOS Tel: (903) 535-9105
West approach Fort Worth Ctr App/Dep 135.1 Mhz
East approach Longview App/Dep 118.25 Mhz
Cherokee County / Jacksonville Airport (JSO) CTAF: 122.7 Mhz
Cherokee County / Jacksonville Airport AWOS Tel: (903) 586-0124
TRAFFIC PATTERN ALTITUDE (TPA) INFORMATION
Traffic Pattern Altitude (TPA):
Single Engine 1450 MSL (1000) AGL)
Multiengine 1650 MSL (1250 AGL)
Visiting aircraft may park on the lot just north of the Heliport Lot (19)